Sunday, February 3, 2008

To Be A Kid Again



This winter has just been amazing. We've got snow where we live but honestly NOTHING that compares to what is at my mom's house. Jeff and I came up this weekend to visit my family and enjoy the Super Bowl party and I was amazed at how much snow they have. In addition to the couple of feet they already had, since last night it has snowed over another foot and still going. My mom has some great neighbors that came after church to help with snow removal but we still had a share of it to do ourselves. I've posted some pics to help you see the work we did to clear it and the fun we had playing in it.





5 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

I, like you, could not believe how much snow she had either. It seriously felt like we were walking through tunnels to get to her front door. I don't know how much more snow they can all handle up there. After you guys left, it continued to snow. When I walked out of mom's front door, I was amazed that I couldn't see anything in front of me but snow. The sidewalks were clear because the boys went out and cleared them once again, but the snow surrounding them was about 4-5' tall. Didn't you measure the tallest snow bank to be over 6'? That is INSANE!!!

Persephone said...

This is the kind of weather that makes me want to tackle someone in the snow...

Stephanie said...

wow! we haven't had snow like that in utah since i was a little kid. i wish i was there, how fun

Bri said...

You're right...this year has really dumped some serious snow! We should do a double date up at rock canyon park or something and have some snow fun. Will's parents are going to freak out when they see how much we have...we've warned them, but I don't think they realize how much there really is. Snow, snow, snow!!

Bethany Hoopes said...

I am so sad that I missed the beautiful storm. I love a good snowstorm!!! (I know, I'm weird) But I am happy that you have some incredible pictures of you guys enjoying it!