
Today it was my turn. Jeff played his tournament last week and did great and today I played in my (first) tournament. My work organized a tournament today for anyone who wanted to play and since I missed it last time because I had to stay and work (they did it on a Friday) I was determined to go and it worked out great being on a Saturday.
The day was hot...and long...but fun and wonderful! I have to be honest, I
really enjoyed it and I can't wait to play in it again next year!

The good (and very surprising) part of the day is that...I WON!! I WON!! I WON!! First of all, I won the "Closest to the pin" for the ladies. I also won the "Longest drive" for the ladies (which, if you remember is what Jeff won last week but for the men), and my team took second place with a 5 under par on 18 holes. I can't take much of the credit for that since 3 of the 4 of us didn't do so hot (Don pretty much carried the team) but I did have a few good shots that we ended up using! All in all, it was a great day. Good food, good company, good times...and some great prize money from each of the competitions I won to put toward something fun like a new camera or toward our trip to Vegas next week. Jeff really wants me to use it to buy some new clubs now but I think it's a bit too expensive of a sport for me to get involved with a lot right now but I definitely enjoyed it.
11 comments:
Wow, congratulations! Maybe you could try your hand on Roulette when we're in Vegas. :) Or, use it at the buffet....or some new clothes. The sky's the limit I guess.
When are you going pro? I guess my lessons paid off. Any one else out there need a lesson or two?
Congrats on a fun golf tournament! Make sure you spend your winnings on some new golf clubs and go golfing.
palsm 4:7
I'm still you proud of you. I can't believe your luck. Especially since you've never golfed before. I think you should always take up the sport.
Not fair! The Preacher always calls me to repentance. How come you get praise?!?!
Congrats! You must be a real pro. Goes to show, you can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it.
Way to go Shell. That's awesome. I'm glad you had fun, and won something at the same time.
i'm terrible at golf. thats awesome that you did so well. I love the pict of you swinging, you look pro
2 Thessalonians 3:3 (New International Version)
3But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
Please share with your fellow sinners.
How great! Congrats! I'm glad you had fun. Apparently you're better than you thought, too!
Sweet! Maybe you should become a professional golfer! I would definitely come watch you play.
Post a Comment