I used to get frustrated because I didn't get married until long after most of my friends. Not that I was, by any means, an old maid...but I certainly had lived a bit of life before I jumped into marriage and I'm so glad I did.
In the time between graduating high school and getting married, I was able to see a lot of the world and I loved every minute of it. I traveled with my mom and sister to Europe and we were able to visit Italy, Switzerland, Austria, France, Germany, and England. I was able to serve a mission in Uruguay (which I greatly miss and am still dying to go back!) I went to Nauvoo, New York, Maryland, New Jersey, and various other places with my family. I was able to experience the college life and graduate from college. All the while, I was loving life and wondering when I'd ever get married and to whom.
Now, looking back, I'm so glad I waited because I definitely got a good one! I love Jeff and he's so good to me. He helps me learn new things I'd probably never get to try to learn without him, he makes me laugh daily (which he promised he'd do from the beginning), and he really is all that I was waiting for. So, here's to waiting for all good things!
3 comments:
Your blog looks cute. We're glad you got Jeff, too.
I totally agree! I jumped on the marriage-train way late, but looking back I am so glad I did! It is nice to be able to live a fun-filled single life, and then apply all you learned to your marriage. and as you said, waiting was well worth it for an awesome hubby!
I think that there come a time, when a young woman (me) has waited long enough. So I shall try this marriage thing and see where it takes me. ;)
Post a Comment