Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We're Grateful

After reading this talk together for family home evening, we were able to let our creative juices flow. Okay, not really, but we did get to go back kids for a few minutes as we worked on our activity. We wrote down something we were thankful for on each feather of these turkeys then colored them. It was nice to remember how much we have and remind us to be continually grateful.

6 comments:

Allie said...

We were thinking alike! We too made turkey's with the kids for FHE and wrote down the things they were thankful for. We hung them on their doors as a Thanksgiving decoration. I think it's important to remember how blessed we are, especially during a time when it's easier to focus on how crappy things are looking in the world.

Carlee Hoopes said...

LOL, that's awesome. I don't think I could get Kory to sit down and color with me for the life of me. I did notice that Jeff's not thankful for me. Come on Jeff, where's the love? ;) You guys color well.

Stephanie said...

hey, do you have the template for that?

heather said...

That's adorable! Good for you guys. I've been trying to get us in the habit of FHE. No luck yet. Maybe we'll try this next time!

Megs said...

That's so fun! i want to do something like that. I miss the good ol' days of doing things that were fun (instead of working on comp sci for four hours) :)

Stacie said...

You guys have some mad coloring skills. Those are awesome. Good idea, though. I will have to copy you :)