Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm Thankful...

I decided I am going to make a list of things I am thankful for.  I will add one new one to this every day to help me recognize how good life is on a daily basis rather than think about the stresses that I often get wrapped up in.  I wasn't going to post it until the end of the month but I think I will hold myself more accountable to do it if I post it early and just keep adding.  Here we go...

Nov. 1  The Priesthood.  Landon was blessed today and the power of the Priesthood never ceases to amaze me.
Nov. 2  A great husband who is good to me and still makes me laugh every day.
Nov. 3  My adorable little boy.  I waited a long time for him and he's well worth the wait.
Nov. 4  Family that supports us so much.
Nov. 5  That my parents taught us how to work and be productive with the time we have.
Nov. 6  The weekend!  I love spending more time with Jeff and having some help so I can get more done.
Nov. 7  The blessing it is to be a wife and a mom.  There's nothing else like it and nothing I'd want more.
Nov. 8  The gospel.  It's been the one constant in my life and has anchored me through some tough times.
Nov. 9  Even though I like having Jeff home, I'm grateful he has a job.  And I'm grateful for the jobs I have held through the years, I've gained some great friendships and have learned new things at each one.
Nov. 10  Education.  I have taken it for granted too much in my life but I've never lacked for opportunities for learning.  And I'm dying to go back to school...someday.
Nov. 11  Each man and woman that has fought for this country and risked or given their life so that we can enjoy the freedoms we do.
Nov. 12  Food.  I'm not only grateful that we can nourish our bodies but I am simply grateful for food, I love to eat.
Nov. 13  For confidence and faith that others have in me even when I don't have it in myself.
Nov. 14 The internet.  I'm sure I waste more time than I should on here but it's so amazing to me that so much information is basically at our fingertips.
Nov. 15  Prayer.  It's such a comfort to know that we can talk with our Heavenly Father--pour out our hearts to Him, ask for things we need, and thank Him for what He has given us.
Nov. 16  Sleep.  I never used to need a lot but now there are days I wish I got more.
Nov. 17  Spending time with my all of my nieces and nephews.  I love them all and they're so much fun.  I made chocolate chip cookies with Maddie and Spence last night, I just love those kids.
Nov. 18  The seasons in Utah.  I really think the change of seasons is beautiful here.  I love each one for the variety and beauty...I just wish I could change winter to last about 1 month, spring and fall to last 5 months each, and summer to last about 1 month.  :)
Nov. 19  My mom and dad.  Today is their anniversary and I'm grateful they were married and chose to have 5 children because I love each of my siblings.  My parents have always been so great and I'm thankful for all they did for me and taught me.
Nov. 20  Belief in a loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ that love me no matter what.  ("Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely.  Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly.   --Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Oct. 2009 General Conference)
Nov. 21  My siblings.  I love them each for different reasons and I can't imagine my life without one of them.  They're all simply the best!
Nov. 22  Church.  It's nice to go once a week to worship the Lord and renew my testimony and knowledge of the gospel.
Nov. 23  That I was a missionary.  It was a hard 18 months but also some of the best.  I met so many great friends, learned a lot, saw miracles happen in others' lives, etc.
Nov. 24  That at least for the time being I don't have to be a working mom...it probably wouldn't be as bad as it was this week if I didn't have 3 hours commuting on top of my work day.
Nov. 25  Kowledge of an afterlife and that I know I can see my dad again.
Nov. 26  Savings
Nov. 27  Time with Jeff
Nov. 28  The internet
Nov. 29  Nights when Landon sleeps well...I wish it were every night.
Nov. 30  Good doctors.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I love your list! I always think it's important to show gratitude! Thanks for being an example to me.

deb said...

I just did the same thing on my blog. and then I clicked on yours and got to read your list. I love you and am thankful I got to know you in Uruguay. Thank you for being a great example and the genuine person you have always been.