Thursday, June 24, 2010

My garden

 The lettuce and peas are my favorite to look at right now.  I love them!
I finally realized I have something to write about other than Landon. I planted a garden this year. I haven't been able to do that since I got married because we've always lived in apartments but this year I decided to try it. We decided to do square foot gardening to see how it worked...and quite honestly the thought of doing a BIG garden that my parent's planned for in their backyard terrified me. Jeff made the planter box (6'x 8') and we got busy. I've planted squash, peas, lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, and 3 kinds of tomatoes (I don't eat them but my mom does and when she's not in town I will make some salsa). So far, it's all looking great! I'm so anxious to see it when everything is in full harvest. I am going to love not having to spend that money on produce and being able to feed Landon a variety of veggies. Here are a few photos, I'll try to remember to post more when I actually have veggies!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I made baby food from our garden for Bry a couple years ago. If you want any tips and tricks let me know it was so nice giving her "organic" without the paying the $$$.

Megs said...

Oh that is fun! I love these kind of gardens, and that's just the size that I would want as well. :) That'll be great when you have all the veggies and you won't have to buy the expensive ones in the store :)

Kay B. Pierce said...

Thanks for posting pics. It looks GREAT. We will need to build another box next year and plant more.
You're awesome!

Adam and Cami said...

That's awesome! It looks great! I totally know what you mean when living in apartments! I can't wait to have our own place so i can have a little garden!

deb said...

You are amazing and inspiring. Gardening is the way to go. Love the pictures.

Mandy and Nate said...

Hey!! Sorry I found your blog through Jen's. Hope you don't mind. You can check mine out if you would like there is a link on Jen's blog for it. It's lovinlife. Glad to see you are doing good. Your little guy is so cute.