Monday, May 16, 2011

Landon-ness

I've been reprimanded for not updating my blog so there are a few new posts on here, it'll have to suffice.  Here are several photos to update what's going on in Landon's life.  He's certainly his own unique person and does things his way.  He's pretty strong willed for such a little guy but when he's not throwing a tantrum of some sort he keeps me happy and laughing.

He loved to play with the colored placemats at my mom's house.  He'd always get a blue one (I'm pretty sure that's his favorite color) and walk around with it in front of his face--it must have made everything look cool to him.
 If Jeff or I was in the shower he would press his face against the glass and want to get in.  This view made me laugh every morning.
 He would always bring books in the bathroom to look at while I was getting ready in the morning but one day he grabbed his book and perched himself on the toilet to read it.  Still not sure where he learned that one!

 The boy loves his shoes (for reasons I'll never know!  I love being barefoot).  Even if he was in his pj's (like in the above 2 photos) he would insist on having his shoes on.  I now hide his shoes in the closet so he can't wear them all day every day.  As a side note, he hates sandals--screams bloody murder if I try to put them on him.  I'll have to help him get over that because he'll get too hot with shoes/socks on this summer.

 He loves stacking things and always claps for himself when he gets his tower built.
He also loves putting random things "in" things.  His 2 favorite spots to drop things off are in the garbage can (usually the office one so it's not full of nastiness) and in the sink.  This photo was snapped today when I went into the kitchen and found my shoe and a book in the sink.


He's been a climber since he was a little tike and is still going strong.  I can tell him to get down/be careful/NO 1,000 times a day and he won't listen to me, it's what makes him happy for some reason.  I get really embarrassed at church because all of the other kids sit on their chairs for snack time and he strongly insists on climbing the chairs/table, even if it means he doesn't get snacks.  I leave church frustrated pretty much every week.  Who knows, maybe he'll make a profession of some sort out of climbing.

He's also obsessed with books/reading.  We read so many books every day.  Sometimes he'll be quiet for a bit and I'll check on him and he's in his room reading but generally he likes to be right with me pretty much all day long so he'll drag a stack of books out of his room and scatter them on the floor to read them.   I love that he loves books right now, I hope that carries on throughout life.

So there's a long update of our little boy.  Only a few more months until his brother joins our family...I'm pretty sure Landon is going to have a rude awakening but I'm praying it will be a really good thing for him.  Guess we'll find out.

2 comments:

Megs said...

And don't forget that he just loves his aunt Megan!! ;) He's such a cutie. I am going to have to come play with him all the time now that we live close to each other!

Jennifer said...

The picture with him reading on the toilet is adorable. We need to find a time to get together!