Jeff's birthday this year was fun, at least I thought so. I have decided to be more celebratory with birthdays. I decided to do a countdown-to-thirty week for Jeff. I thought about doing 30 days before he turned 30 but that was too many things to think of so I did a week. I put 7 days worth of envelopes on the bathroom mirror with the corresponding number on it. Each morning he got to open a new "surprise". Some of them were treats (PB M&M's, a maple doughnut, beef jerky) and some of them were non-material (like an extra sleep-in day that weekend...we normally each get one day to stay in bed while the other gets up with the kids but I gave him my day).
On his actual birthday, the surprise (though that one was actually not a surprise because Jeff knew about it beforehand) was tickets to go see "The Hunger Games" with me since it opened on his birthday. This was a first for us because we normally think it's a waste of money to go see movies in the theater so we have never been to a new movie together (the closest we've come is the dollar theater in Provo). We got treats and loved the movie so it was really fun. We didn't go out to dinner because Weston won't take a bottle so we picked the kids up from Carlee's house and came home and ate pizza. Jeff also got a couple of gift cards for golfing this summer from me and the kids. A bit anti-climatic but it was really fun to celebrate all week long.
The day after his birthday we went to Famous Dave's for dinner with Jeff's parents. We love that place and only go there for birthdays. It was delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment