Halloween was a good time this year. It's the first year that it was anything different to Landon. I don't do well with the whole "plan a costume" thing, I think it stems from my lack of creativity. Landon has loved the little "Toy Story" short stories on the iPad for about a year (he's never seen the real movie) so I decided he was going to be Woody. He has issues with things out of the norm so this was also a good idea because it was close enough to normal clothes that it was mostly ok. I didn't want to spend a lot so I made most of it myself (white shirt I bought used then I dyed it yellow, made the "boots" out of felt so he could wear his normal shoes instead of real cowboy boots, made the vest) but we did buy the hat which also came with the little gun holster. He didn't like wearing the hat too much but he did really well at keeping the rest of it on. He's the cutest little Woody I've ever seen!

As for Weston, I've known for a year that he was going to be a hamburger. Not because I was particularly set on the idea, but because I bought the costume last year at Old Navy after Halloween for $1 (!!) so it was easy and cheap. He still looked pretty darn cute though and didn't seem phased at all by the costume.
On Sunday my family did a Halloween party at my mom's house though my boys are a little too attached / get too worked up with lots of people around / usually grumpy and emotional on Sunday evenings because church has thrown them off schedule so I don't have a photo of the whole gang. Landon had already made it out before I snapped this one and Weston was on his way to get me. You win some you lose some, right?

The day before Halloween Landon got to wear his costume to preschool for their Halloween party. And on Halloween day we went to visit one of my grandmas and Jeff's parents. We came home to a hurried dinner and Landon and Jeff went out trick or treating. Landon kept saying "one more house" so I was pretty impressed. Jeff told me that at a few of the houses he would just stare at the person at the door as he was choosing his treat. Then he would bring it up close to his eyes and study it, slowly put it back, and grab a new one. The best part about this is that he has no idea what the different types of candy are so I don't really know what he was going for unless he just wanted a different color. Funny little boy.
2 comments:
Cutest Woody and a hamburger EVER :)
I love the idea of making Halloween costumes whether you're trying to save money or not. I'll probably do it forever.
And I love the new look of your blog. Simple and elegant.
Me too! I think they almost always look better than the store bought costumes.
Post a Comment