I had noticed a few times when I volunteered there that he wasn't really friends with any of the wild boys (much to my delight), and it was confirmed when we sat down for his IEP a couple weeks ago to talk about the past year improvements and discuss the goals and his placement for the next year. His teachers said that he stayed away from the more crazy kids, but by the end of the year he was getting more daring at trying to initiate playtime with some of the other kids--the problem was that he didn't verbalize it, he would just go tap them on the shoulder and when they looked at him he would just smile at them. That cracks me up because I can totally picture it...he does have a super cute smile but I could see how the other kids would be confused about what he was trying to do.
This year he has worked with a vision specialist, speech therapist, and occupational therapist as well as his normal three teachers. They've all been so good, and each of them has told me throughout the year how much they've loved working with him because he's such a friendly boy and he has a great sense of humor. I do have to agree with that part, if you can get into his circle of trust he is a pretty funny boy, and he thinks he is hilarious, and he has a super contagious laugh. Gosh I love him!
A few months ago a new little girl was added to the class full of boys. She didn't have any favorites at first but the teachers told me that somehow she chose Landon as "her man". They became good friends and played together all the time. She helped him so much with learning how to play with other kids better, attempting pretend play, figuring out the actions to do during songs (since his vision isn't good enough to keep up with the teachers sometimes). When I went to class with him I noticed them holding hands on several occasions, it was so cute. We will miss her being in his class if she isn't next year.
Landon and his teachers (Ms. Stephanie, Ms. Amy, Ms. Amy, & Natalie, the Speech Therapist)
Landon & Danika


1 comment:
haha, landon's got a girlfriend :) that is so cute! I miss you all so much!! I need some hugs from that little guy. Maybe we could skype soon?!
Post a Comment