Friday, August 30, 2013

Discovery Gateway Children's Museum

We decided to take the boys down to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum since we've never done anything like that with them + we had a coupon that made it affordable + Cami invited us to go with her and Cole.

A lot of the exhibits were geared toward a little bit older kids, some weren't working right, and my weird clean-freak issues came out because I could just feel all of the germs crawling on my hands....but for the most part we loved it.  The boys both had lots of fun, and there were lots of different activities.  I'm really glad we went because they got to play with things that they normally wouldn't have, and they really liked it.  They're both so hesitant to try new things when other people are around that some of the things took a little coaxing, but once they figured out that place was really just a giant playhouse filled with activities galore, they loosened up a bit.  Weston's favorite part was probably the balls that you can put in different tubes and they go to different places/get sucked up in a vacuum type thing; Landon's favorite part may have been the Lincoln Logs or maybe the giant foam blocks that he built a house with and hid in it.  I did realize again how much I was to stress respect and good manners with my children because the children who lack it were pretty annoying.





1 comment:

Adam and Cami said...

I'm glad your boys had fun! We should do that again in the future!