Saturday, December 6, 2008

Absolutely Nothing!

As I was getting ready to leave work yesterday, one of my co-workers asked what I had planned for this weekend. I told him we were going to the Festival of Trees that night (last night) and that that would be about the extent of my weekend plans. Jeff has lots of projects to work on starting first thing in the morning and then had two labs that would take up most of the day (11:00-7:00) so I would be reading and who knows what else.

He told me I should write in my journal about having a complete day to myself with nothing to do (though this happens often). He said that from the time I find out I'm pregnant or from the day Jeff is done with school, days like this will be pretty much non-existent. It's true, it's nice being able to leave without packing a diaper bag, stroller, worrying about nap-times (that goes for future kids and Jeff), etc. and I LOVE to have time to myself and I can pretty much do as I please and not have to worry about anything or anyone and I am grateful that I have this time to myself...but there's only so much reading (I've read A LOT in the past couple of years which is great because it's my favorite thing to do), or cleaning (our apartment is small so it's easy to clean), or shopping (everything's too expensive anyway), or making treats (I reserve that for Sundays) that one can do.

Any other suggestions on how I can spend my oodles of "me" time without wasting all of it?

7 comments:

Megs said...

Make paper snowflakes! Make them really intricate so it takes forever to cut them out, then decorate your whole apartment with the oodles and oodles of snowflakes you cut out! It's working well for me :) plus they are always so cute no matter what you do to them!

Anonymous said...

haha, i think megan's idea is great! but trust me, i CAN ruin them! lol. umm, i don't really have any suggestions for you cause i always read or something too. but reading is good. p.s. if you find any really good books, let me know. :)

FidFam said...

Yes, I'm sending you all of the grandparent's history info. Please edit it into book form and we'll have gifts for everyone next Christmas!

Stephanie said...

You could always do service. It's nice to fill your day with and it is fulfilling too, gives you something to look forward to and makes you feel like you've made a difference instead of waiting your time.
or you could help me start my taxes. I bet I could whip them out in 2 days with out kids. but with 2 kids i'm loooking at about 2 months.
wish me luck

Kay B. Pierce said...

Wish I was closer and we could hang out together. Or do a project together. Maybe I wish you were closer to Ogden. We could do some projects at my house when I'm there.
Just enjoy the time for now. You won't see it later.

Carlee Hoopes said...

I second mom. Just try to enjoy it! I've been trying to get through these Twilight books but I only have limited windows of time when Maggie's not awake, otherwise she'd rip the pages out of the book while I tried to read. It's a lost cause. I have an idea....come tend Maggie so I can have some alone time. :)

heather said...

I here ya! Although my answer is usually make a treat - no matter what day of week it is or how many treats are still stacked up in the kitchen from the past week. You need to come up here. We can go to lunch and hang out!