It's been a little while since I've posted any of those 'oh-so-fun' pregnancy photos. I'm really only doing it for documenting purposes because I'm now to the stage where I feel huge and very not cute. Oh well, I'm sure most women go through that. This was me last week at 33 weeks.
As I get closer and closer to having this little guy, I've been thinking about the whole experience. In my head I've basically been making lists of things that I will/will not miss about it. I might have some to add at a later point that I can't think of right now but here are my thoughts.
Things I WILL miss about being pregnant:
-The excitement and anticipation of welcoming Landon into our family
-Feeling him move inside me
Things I will NOT miss about being pregnant:
-Not having the will or feel like doing anything after work (this went away after the first trimester thank goodness because I hated coming home from work and laying down for hours--luckily Jeff was in school all the time so it was ok)
-Not sleeping (I know this will continue after the baby is born but at least then I'll have a cute little thing to look at whereas right now it's just annoying
-Having to go to the bathroom way more than anyone should, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep
-Worrying if anything I am doing/eating will hurt the baby
-Gross taste in my mouth which also means that most of the time nothing sounds good to eat
-Nausea & Thowing up
-Gaining weight / Not fitting into any cute clothes
-Getting worn-out or out of breath fast
-Not being able to do things I would normally not have to worry about (lifting heavy things, etc)
-Heartburn
I went to my doctor appointment last week and everything looks great. My weight gain is perfect, I'm measuring where I should be, Landon's heartbeat is good, and he's positioned right.
12 comments:
I love the pic of you. You look fantastic! I wouldn't miss all of those things either, especially the lazy feelings. You and I both like being productive.
So is Landon the final choice? Love it.
I laughed when I saw how much longer your list is of things you will NOT miss in comparison to those you will. I feel the same way. you look great! I can't wait for you to be done and have your little guy here.
Well I'm glad that your wait is almost over! I'm so glad that everything is looking great, and hopefully this next month or so can go quickly for you :) I'm very excited to welcome Landon into the family!
You look so cute! And I must agree on your list of things you will & will not miss about being pregnant! I remember being at this stage and counting down the days until I could wear normal clothes again! I am so excited for Landon to come! We can't wait!
You look great!! You are a very cute pregnant lady. :)
I think you look great! I'm so excited for you! And I love the name... really cute. We need to get together for lunch before he comes. I mean, we've only been trying for 7 months now, we should be able to make this happen!
I noticed your negative list was longer than the positive list. When it is all said and done and you are in desperate need of sleep, haven't washed your hair in two days and are pretty sure you have been in the same pajamas you will miss these last days. You look fantasic btw, can't wait to meet your little one :)
I made the same you list you did and looking back on mine I'm missing all the things I thought I'd never miss (I guess you really do forget how bad it is).
I really miss my pregnancy boobs (can I say that?), my big belly, the attention from strangers always being so helpful and curious when I was due, all the cravings (I haven't had fries since being pregnant but I loved them while I was).
Oh crap I really have forgotten how bad it was. People said this would happen but I thought they were lying.
Enjoy it cause it will soon be over.
Jenn,
You could be right on some of the stuff but I'll be honest, I will NEVER, EVER miss the throwing up...it's just the most miserable thing but at least now I can see an end in sight.
I wish I looked that cute with one month to go when I was preggo with Spencer. I should have had my own zip code. Good Luck!
I never threw up (I hate admitting that because all pregnant ladies get mad when I tell them, so I just keep my dirty secret to myself)
You look so cute! You make pregnancy look good. I indulged in chocolate a bit too much and wasn't as cute as you are. You will miss feeling him kick inside you, but holding him will be so much better than the anticipation you are feeling about meeting him.
Post a Comment