Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vegas Vacation 2009


We ventured down to brave the HEAT (113 degrees) of Las Vegas last weekend. We had a really good time and, as always, it was so nice to get away from work and life for a few days. We didn't do anything super exciting but we went to a furniture design show that Jeff wanted to go to and I was pretty impressed with some of the stuff there. We also went to a really cool car show at the Imperial Palace--there were a few cars there that Jeff would have gladly taken if we had a couple million dollars to spare.

There was lots of good eating (Sammy's Pizza, In-n-Out, Chicago Brewery, Capriottis, etc.), lots of swimming thanks to the 24-hour access to the pool at Larry's house, and some shopping and sightseeing. We went up to Red Rocks--I would love to hike around sometime when I'm not pregnant and when it's not so darn hot.

It was fun spend time with my two cute nieces that were down there as well. It was great to see my mom and Larry (a big 'thank you' again for letting us stay with you!). We've both determined that we are never going down there again in the summer but all in all it was a really fun trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!!! i don't know where you were hiking, but we should go altogether!! i'm glad you guys are back, and had a fun time. hopefully we will see you soon!!

Kay B. Pierce said...

Glad you could get away from work and come to stay with us, even if it was HOT. I enjoyed hanging around with you for a few days.

Megs said...

fun! i bet the heat was overwhelming... I'm sorry. but i'm sure it was still great! I can't wait to see you guys again soon. you look so cute! you are getting close to little landon coming! we are so excited :)