I can't believe my little guy is 9 months old! This week has been so busy so I'm not going to do a real post but I wanted to jot down a few things about him right now.
-He loves to eat and doesn't seem to be too picky--he might pull a face but he usually eats whatever I give him.
-He loves to brush his teeth (he has 6 now!). When he sees the toothbrush he opens wide so we can brush...if Jeff is brushing them Landon giggles the whole time.
-He has the cutest facial expressions in the world
-He is probably the most smiley/giggly baby I have ever known, I love it!
-He acts shy sometimes but I think he's pretty social
-Jeff calls him a "feel good" baby. Doesn't matter who is holding him, he will smile for them and give them hugs.
-He gives the best hugs. He's pretty snuggly at times....again, I love it!
-He's a "lemon on a toothpick" (as termed by Jeff). Length: 27 5/8 in (25%), Weight: 17 lbs 8 oz (10%), Head Circ. 45.9 cm (75%).
-Despite the stats above, his thighs look so cute and chubby.
-He has been perfect in church 2 weeks in a row.
-He went to the eye doctor again--they estimate he can see perfectly clear 8-10" away (wahoo!!!) but aren't sure beyond that. He does have amblyopia and from the tests it's not caused by far-sightedness which could be fixed with a patch...which means he will most likely be having eye surgery next month.
-He is a climber. He holds onto someones fingers and climbs up their chest to their shoulders about 100x a day.
-He was so close to crawling for about 2 months and just couldn't figure out his 4th limb so he'd flop down and do a swimming move on his tummy. BUT he is now crawling. He crawled for the first time on Sunday, June 13 which means he was 9 months and 1 day old...I think he was just waiting to crawl until he could do something cool because he learned to crawl, climb stairs, and pull himself up on/walk along the furniture in 1 day.
-He loves books.
-He got a cute and tiny new cousin so he is no longer the baby in my family...and he now looks like a giant.
-He is an early bird. We put him to bed at 7:30pm and he wakes up at 6:00am. But it doesn't seem to matter when he goes to bed, he's always up by 6:00. Lucky us. Actually it's not too bad and he still takes 2-3 (usually 3) naps a day.
-He's so great with doctor visits. Whether it be the ultrasounds, messing with his eyes, or just regular doctor visits (including shots) he just lets them do their thing and deals with it. I love him.
5 comments:
oh! What a perfect little guy :) i can't wait to see him crawling! I love him so much! Can't wait to see you guys :)
He is definitely a feel-good baby. He smiles at everything and it makes me laugh!!
oh sooo cute! i so wish our babies could play! I can't believe your Landon is crawling, wow! And how funny- Noah gets up at 6 AM every morning to. way too early. hahaha, love it. Hooray for his eyesight! I will pray that the surgery goes well. What a sweet boy.
Thanks for the post. Even though I knew all of this it is fun to read it again. I know he sure makes me feel good. :)
Apparently I am anonymous on here. In case you didn't know, it was your mom.
Post a Comment