Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to school bash

I just have to say that my mom is an awesome Grandma.  She decided a few weeks ago that she wanted to do an end-of-Summer / back-to-school bash for her grandkids and their parents.  We looked into a few options that would be fun and she decided upon Boondocks.  The grandkids didn't know a thing about it until they received this invitation (made by me and Jeff) in the mail.

That day it rained.  We wondered if we would have to cancel it but then it turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous evening.  We had asked Jeff's sister, Megan, to come babysit so Jeff and I could go have fun since Landon was too little to do anything there but unfortunately Landon developed some "problems" that day (I won't go into details) and I knew from past experience that it would be just plain cruel to leave him with anyone.  So we canceled her coming to tend.  I wasn't going to go but at the last minute decided to.  I didn't even have time to pack up the stroller which would have been nice to have but I just held him most of the time and didn't do any of the attractions except for Ice Ball (aka. skeet ball) which is my favorite arcade game.

After Boondocks we went to a park and ate pizza and dessert.  It was a really fun thing for everyone (we missed Steve who had to work) and I'm glad my mom decided to do this for the kids.


Some of the highlights included:
*Jeff getting 3 holes-in-one in a row on the mini-golf....and Spencer (12 years) still tying him.
*My 27-year old sister, Carlee,  climbing around in the Kiddie Cove to show my two nieces how to get to the slide...she was pretty darn close to the height requirement.
*All the grown men getting to act like they were 12 again.
*Maddie (9 years) winning the jackpot on one of the arcade games.  She won 1000 tickets and walked away with a whole bunch of shee-haw.
*Ellie (2.5 years) and Maggie (almost 3 years) riding the Merry-Go-Round about 80 times.
*Kory getting absolutely soaked on the bumper boats...he either had the most fun because he was right in the middle of the action or he was the poor soul who got attacked by everyone.
*Jeff taking 2nd place in their laser tag game.

We had a blast, mom, thanks again!

4 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

I'm glad you posted this. I think it turned out to be so much fun and I know the kids had a blast. They do have an awesome grandma. Nothing like making memories together. :)

Stephanie said...

What a fun idea! Nothing is more important than getting your kids excited for school.

Adam and Cami said...

What a fun idea! Your mom is so cute!

Mandy and Nate said...

What a fun thing to do. Looks like you guys had a blast. Hope your little guy is doing better. He is such a cutie.