Jeff and I wanted to get away somewhere but needed it to be cheap so we decided on St. George and our friends, Matt and Joree, went with us. The boys golfed a couple of times, the girls shopped a bit and relaxed, we got to go hiking (my favorite!) and it was SO nice to get away from life for a few days...wish I could do that more often. I really wanted to take Landon but after much deliberation (and two amazing sisters offering to watch him so we wouldn't be weighed down with his schedule) we decided to leave him home with them. It was hard. I may have shed a few tears. But I'm so glad we did! He won't remember it, he got to spend some time with his cousins who absolutely adore him (he needs more time with other kids anyway), and it would have been tricky to do our hikes and such because that boy still loves taking 2 naps a day.
I've lived in Utah my entire life and had never been to Zions so that was my one request. We did some small hikes in the Snow Canyon area one morning before the guys went golfing and it was gorgeous. We pretty much spent all of the next day driving around and hiking in Zions. Hiking is one of my favorite things to do but I don't get to do it much since Jeff isn't much of a hiker so although we didn't do anything even remotely difficult, it was so nice to get out and do it again! I will also say that it was amazingly beautiful!!! The leaves were all changing and so pretty, it wasn't too busy (other than when we tried to find a place to eat lunch), and the temperature was perfect. Matt and Joree left to see his sister and Jeff and I decided to do a session in the St. George temple...another first for me. It was a great vacation.
4 comments:
Looks like you had a good time! I'm super jealous, but glad you guys were able to get away for a few days! FUN!
I love Zions and can't wait to go again.. Looks like a great trip. And yeah Landon wont remember it so that is good you guys got to go and enjoy yourself.
I'm so glad you were able to go. It looks like the weather was amazingly perfect!
That looks like so much fun! I love zions! It's so pretty there. When me, manda, and mom went to st. george, we went to snow canyon too, and I actually liked that better than zions canyon. It's so fun to get to play all over the rocks! The st. george temple is also amazing. we didn't do anything there since we went on a sunday, but we got to walk around it and take pictures.
I'm so glad you had fun on your trip!!
Post a Comment