Sunday, January 22, 2012

Landon Update

Landon is VERY involved with Early Intervention.  By that I mean he sees the vision specialist, a speech therapist, a developmental specialist, an occupational therapist, and goes to a sensory toddler group.  It keeps me busy and I feel bad for Weston having to endure our schedule being planned around Landon but if it all helps, it's worth it!  He's really great at comprehension but at 2 years, 4 months old he only says about 10 words.  This leads to intense tantrums because he knows darn well what he wants but can't tell me and I haven't mastered the art of mind-reading...I'm working on it.  The good news is that he is starting to babble a ton!  It's fun to hear him finally starting to put different syllables together, it means nothing now but I know it's a step in the right direction and I'm excited.  He also used to be the best sleeper and now he's pretty terrible, though that has improved in the past couple of months as well from what it was.  He has major oral sensory issues--i.e. brushing teeth, certain foods, doesn't remember to swallow sometimes and has to be reminded, chews on clothes/fingers/toys/furniture/etc.  He loves to dance, sing (i.e. hum since he doesn't say words), set the table about 10x a day, he has a pretty good throw for his age, and he can stack Legos with the best of 'em.  He also has an impressive memory.
 
Despite the frustrations he causes us on pretty much a daily basis, I love this little boy immensely.  It's a good thing he's so darn cute and funny or I'm sure I would have given him away by now.  Here are a few photos from the last month:

 We stayed at my sister's house last week with her kids and he was pretty obsessed with their dog, Dex.
  He also loved playing basketball...though that's not really a surprise, he loves balls.
 He thinks he's so funny wearing things on his head...yet he won't wear an actual hat.  He walked around with this on his head for a few hours one day.
 He's like a monkey.  He could hang upside down for hours, it's soothing for him.  Don't worry, we don't let him for long.

 

2 comments:

Bri said...

Oh, I'm so glad Landon is sleeping a little better. I didn't know he was getting so much intervention - that's great! We're so blessed to live in a day where there is help everywhere when we need it. It must be fun hearing Landon babble so much now. What a treat!

As a side note: you are such a good mom. I always look to you for a great example and love having you for a friend. Let me know if you need anything!

Megan said...

cute cute cute. he is just cute! I love your boys so so so much!!