Saturday we ventured up to Bear Lake to spend some time with Adam, Cami, Cole and Jeff's parents (we missed Megan and Amanda). It started out cold and I was prepared to read my book under the warmth of my towel but it soon warmed up...a little too much. It was nice to sit and relax on the beach and we topped off the trip with a fresh raspberry shake from LaBeau's (yum!). We didn't realize it at the time but we failed to put sunscreen on Jeff's feet and now they are burned and so swollen. I also applied sunscreen a couple of times but I've been told that you're more susceptible to burn when you are pregnant and burn I did. I've never had a sunburn before, other than slight ones on my shoulders, but my legs are fried and so sore. Jeff and I are definitely funny to watch right now because neither of us can walk too well because of the pain.




Though my dislike of the summer sun was just strengthened, we had a great 4th and I don't think either of us is ready to start a new work-week tomorrow.
3 comments:
We are in the same boat! My legs are fried, which also makes me walk funny, and stairs are the worst right now! And Adam's back is fried! Thank goodness Cole only has a little pink under his eyes! We both decided next time we will lather up multiple times with sunscreen! But we did have fun!
OUCH! I'm so sorry. that hurts. I hope that the swelling can go down soon for jeff and that you two will be 'up and at em' in no time :) I'm glad you still had fun. I was sad i couldn't be there saturday.
mmmmmm, I love LaBeau's. It is helpful that Brett's uncle owns the place. We go there every time we are in Bear Lake (at least 5 times a summer)
Post a Comment