Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 Recap

I sort of died off on blogging in a bad way last year so I'm going to do a quick little re-cap.
January:
I spent most of the month sick from pregnancy and the hardest part was trying to hide it and act normal.
Landon began having separation anxiety (first time ever) and it was BAD!

February:
We finally told our families and some friends that we were expecting a baby in August.

March:
Jeff's job at BD Medical ended (unemployment = scary).
Jeff turned 29.
Luckily Jeff got a job quick and started at Overstock.com

April:
We found out we were having another little boy.
We found an apartment and moved to Bountiful.

May:
Jeff sprained his ankle.
Landon got hand-foot-mouth disease.
We celebrated 5 years of marriage.

June:  
Everyone complained about there being so much rain still, I loved it.
Daily walks with Landon, sometimes the only thing that could calm him down.

July:
I tried to endure the heat.  I'll admit I didn't endure it well but I did endure it.
House hunting.
Trip to Island Park/Yellowstone with my family (so fun!).

August:
In the thick of Landon's behavioral and emotional issues.
House hunting.
I turned 30 (holy!!!!!)
Weston was born!
Landon hit rock bottom when we brought Weston home.  I wish I could say it was joyous...it wasn't at all.
My sister, Stacie, came and helped for a couple days--definitely helped ease Landon's issues.
Other than Landon's tantrums, going from one to two kids was easier than going from zero to one kid.

September:
Pretty much just got through the month.
Got a break from the heat, it was bliss.
House hunting.
Pediatrician wants Landon tested for Autism (or some other neurological disorder).
Landon had his yearly ultrasound, is was a massive fight with Jeff and I pinning him down so they could do it but all looked well.
Landon started seeing a developmental specialist (in addition to the vision specialist and speech therapist he's already working with) and started a sensory toddler group.

October:
House hunting.  Found a house we liked.  Made an offer.  Didn't get it.  Got a call a couple weeks later saying we did get it!!!
5:00 am becomes our new wake-up time, but that's a blessing if Landon sleeps through the night since he hasn't been for a few months.
Jeff got a new job.
We got called to serve in the nursery.

November:
Home buying preparations.
Trip to St. George to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Black Friday shopping.
Landon went to nursery for the first time EVER without mom or dad.

December:
Closed on our house.
Lots of cleaning and fixing up to be done on it.
Decided to set up the Christmas tree 6 days before Christmas.
I got the flu, ended up in the ER.  Got home to stay awake all night taking care of Landon who also got the flu.  Jeff couldn't help much because he was sick too.  I ended up infecting many, many family members...but I thank those who came to help watch the boys and those who took me to the ER.
Celebrated Christmas.  Neither boy "gets" it yet so it was pretty anticlimactic.
Moved into our first home.
Got colds in time for New Years.

This year was great for many reasons and lots of good things happened but I'll be quite honest, it was likely the hardest year of my entire life.  Landon is the cutest boy in the world at times but much of the year he was a major trial.  We're all learning together.  2011 was great and we realized even more how wonderful our families are.  Here's to hoping 2012 is a better year!

1 comment:

Mandy and Nate said...

What a year you had girl.. You are one amazing lady.. I'm so glad you and the family are feeling better.. Great news on the house.. Wishing this year is mellow for you.. Love reading your blog..