Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time
The green light flashes, the flags go up
Churning and burning they yearn for the cup
They deftly manuver and muscle for rank
Fuels burning fast on an empty tank
Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns
Their prowess is potent and secretly stern.
--Cake
Ok…so maybe it wasn’t quite like that…but it was close! Yesterday was so fun. We doubled up with Will and Bri and headed up to Salt Lake to the Fast Karts indoor raceway. I started off our little race but was quickly passed by Will (who actually lapped the rest of us twice in the 10-minute race). I held off Jeff and Bri with my mad driving skills (actually it was my lack of go-cart driving skills that was stopping them from passing because I couldn't master the corners and kept cutting them off). But after Jeff T-boned me (twice) I decided to save my back and let him pass me. It was a good time.
After that, we went to Hollywood Connection to enjoy some nice, friendly competition of miniature golf. I am not too good at golfing (or anything else that requires aim) but it was good practice for my upcoming golf tournament for my work that’s coming up in June.
After that we were all famished…well, I’m not sure that the rest of them were to the “famished” point, but I sure was! So we decided to head back to good ‘ol happy valley to get some grub. We headed first to Papa Johns for breadsticks, then went to Blackjack for personal pizzas, then to Pier 49 for dessert pizzas and brought it all back to our house to dine. It was an expensive date but we could afford it thanks to our nifty little starving student cards.
As a quick recap of our expenditures (for each couple):
10-minute race-track sessions: $18.00 each person
round of mini golf: $5.00 each person
order of Papa Johns breadsticks: $4.99
8” personal pizza: $12.00 each person
8” dessert pizza: $2.99
Total (not including tax): $77.98
Total we paid: A big, whopping $0
That’s right, the whole date was completely free and we had a blast!
5 comments:
Could I be anymore jealous? Probably not. I love a screaming deal and that's about as screaming as they get. I'm packing my bags and moving to Happy Valley to pick myself up one of those cards. Hope Kory doesn't mind...
lol come on down, we would absolutely love the company! Ryan was wanting one of those cards too
Sweet deal, Shell. Maybe I need to go back to school for a student savings card. I paid $32.75 for three of us to go see "Speed Racer" on Saturday. AND, was mad the whole time because it was the STUPIDEST movie I have ever seen. I guess my kids liked it though, so it wasn't all in vain.
Two comments about the first picture...
1) You really couldn't see could you?! The helmet almost covers all of your eyes.
2) For some reason Bri when in a helmet can open her eyes bigger then I have ever seen!
Yes, that was one of the funnest and cheapest (can it get any cheaper?) dates ever! I love how Will is growing grass out of his head...haha. Thanks guys -- it was a blast!
Post a Comment