Monday, June 30, 2008

Vegas Vacation

Jeff and I just got back from Las Vegas. We both needed a break so we decided to head down to Vegas to see my mom and Larry. Jeff hadn't been there since he was young and it had been a few years since I had been there too.

We did some swimming, a whole lot of eating, sightseeing, shopping, and Jeff and Kory were able to go golfing (which made the trip for them!) It was a perfect mix of relaxing and experiencing stuff and it was hard to come back to life.

At Fremont Street I got to try some deep fried Oreos...sounds gross but they were really quite good. And if you're asking yourself if there could be a less healthy snack the answer is YES! Carlee had deep fried Twinkies which, in my opinion, beat out the fried Oreos.

We walked the strip and I love seeing the different hotel themes, I think my favorite is the Venetian but I absolutely love the fountains at the Bellagio. I wish we could have seen more but we were all exhausted from the EXTREME heat there (yes, I am a wimp when it comes to heat).

On the way home, Jeff and I went to see the Las Vegas temple and drove through Valley of Fire. I would have to say this was one of my favorite parts. The rock formations and colors were absolutely beautiful. I really wanted to get out and do some hiking around there but it was too hot so I've added that to my agenda for my next Vegas vacay when it's cooler...much, much cooler. But I definitely recommend this.

Here are a few of our pictures from this past week. Thanks mom and Larry for letting us stay there with you, we had a blast!

9 comments:

Ashlee said...

What an awesome vacation! I'm way jealous...although I can imagine the heat was awful. I'm a wimp too but I try not to complain since I hate the cold so much. Glad you guys had fun!!

Kay B. Pierce said...

Thanks for coming to Vegas to visit. It was fun having you. I'm looking forward to your next visit already.

deb said...

who knew they could make something as unhealthy and yummy as twinkies and oreos even more yummy and more unhealthy. It looks like so much fun.

Stacie said...

Looks like you had a great time. I saw the deep fried oreo sign when I was down there, but couldn't bring myself to try them. I'm glad they were good.

Angie said...

I heart Yuba Lake!!!

Sarah said...

Glad you guys had fun. We missed you here. Your slide show is pretty cool! Where is the valley of fire? We'll have to check that out next time.

bekahjr said...

Deep fried oreos sound kinda good! and I love your idea about the flat bread pizza! I just saw some in the store the other day! Vegas sounds like you had a blast. We still havent gone on our honeymoon yet, so I"m always jealous when I hear that someone goes on vacation. We're planning one when Beau graduates in August! I also loved looking at your pictures! You used bright Gerber daisies like I did. Sorry I am writing so many random thing in one long post, ha ha. I love you and I love your blog!

Megs said...

Fried oreos? I guess i need to try them! I'm glad you guys had fun. The fountains are awesome! that was one of my favorite parts when we went as well. :)

Allie said...

I still say, "Girls trip anyone?" I am happy you had fun. I look forward to going down for a visit myself. I'm happy you guys didn't burn up while you were there.